News » Headlines
Vietnamese hospital discharges last Covid-19 patient
  • | | February 26, 2020 04:13 PM
Vietnamese hospitals have successfully treated all 16 Covid-19 patients, with the last patient discharged from a clinic in Vinh Phuc Province on Wednesday morning.

The man poses for a photo besides his wife, daughter and doctors at the Quang Ha General Clinic on February 26

A 50-year-old patient in Vinh Phuc Province who is the last Covid-19 patient reported in Vietnam so far was discharged from a local clinic at 10 am on February 26.

The man was admitted to Quang Ha General Clinic on February 12 after having the virus from his 23-year-old daughter who was discharged from hospital on February 10 after recovering from the virus.

He lived in the same house with his daughter since she returned from a training course in China's Wuhan City on January 17 until she was hospitalised on January 25.

The man was also quarantined and his health was stable until February 11 when he felt tired. And he then tested positive for the virus the next day.

Earlier, the daughter had also transmitted the virus to three other family members and a neighbour, who all have recovered.

According to doctors, after 15 days of active treatment, the man has fully recovered with no more coughs and fever. He also tested negative for the virus in three latest tests carried out on February 23, 24, and 25.

Speaking before being released on Wednesday morning, the patient expressed his sincere thanks to doctors at Quang Ha General Clinic for their efforts to save him from the deadly virus.

"I have been very moved by the kindness and great efforts of the doctors here," he said. "They were very caring and encouraging to us which helped us overcome the disease more quickly."

According to vice head of the Ministry of Health's Department of Medical Examination and Treatment, Nguyen Trong Khoa, this is one among five Covid-19 patients being treated at Quang Ha General Clinic.

"This showed the great efforts by the clinic with support from doctors at other hospitals," he said.

The health official also added that the patient would continue to be quarantined for some more time to ensure public safety.

The country has reported no more case since February 13.

Leave your comment on this story